After 31 years, Scientists in School is branching out. We are now delivering our engaging hands-on STEM workshops virtually. All of the highly investigative activities you expect, delivered safely and seamlessly to your classroom and home!
Virtual STEM Workshops: Classroom
Browse by location:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia
- Ottawa and National Capital Region (French Language Workshops)
- Prince Edward Island
- Québec (French & English Language Workshops)
Virtual STEM Workshops: Community Settings
- Virtual Family Science Nights: Bring your school community together through STEM!
- Virtual STEM Club: A virtual 4-week STEM program that leads your young scientist through a series of hands-on experiments each week
- Scientists in Situ: Fun, hands-on virtual STEM workshops, led by a presenter, wherever you are
- Party Like a Scientist: Virtual STEM Birthday Parties
- Party Like a Scientist: Family Friendly Virtual STEM Events for Your Employees/Clients
What makes every Scientists in School workshop impactful?
Discovery-based activities that allow kids to be the scientists
Children use hands-on equipment and materials often unavailable to schools and community groups. They question, investigate, observe and discover—just like real scientists.
Experiential format that allows for in-depth child-centered investigations
Ample opportunity to delve into topics and make meaningful discoveries using investigative approaches. We embrace the idea that, in science, there are no mistakes – only discoveries.
Experienced STEM presenters and passionate role models
Our more than 400 presenters are scientists, technologists, engineers and more from your local community. They undergo extensive training and are role models who motivate children, teachers and parents by sharing their experience and enthusiasm.
Our workshops open the wonders of science and engineering to everyone, foster environmental stewardship, and encourage children to discover how science is used in their everyday world.