You helped us #StandUpForFutureScientists…now we need to STEP up!
The Scotiabank Charity Challenge has gone virtual this year. The sad news: As we all continue to socially distance, we won’t be together physically for this amazing event that we participate in every year. The good news: This means that anyone, anywhere can participate and raise donations for Scientists in School!
Wherever you are, if you love Scientists in School and want to help our charity recover from the impact of COVID-19, now is your time to shine. You can walk, run or jog at a distance of your choice, wherever you like. The best part? You can reach your distance goal in one day, or spread it out over a few days. You can truly make it your own – all while helping Scientists in School to be able to continue to inspire young minds once schools and communities reopen.
How the Virtual Challenge Works:
This is YOUR race! You can run or walk on a treadmill or choose your own route and your own distance for the virtual event. Once complete, you will visit Race Roster to input your race time between October 11 and 18.
1. Register here: https://raceroster.com/events/2020/27138/scotiabank-toronto-waterfront-marathon-virtual-race-2020?aff=ZH4MG
You can choose from a wide variety of marathon distance options. Registration fee starts at just $25!
2. You can RSVP for the marathon on our Facebook event page
3. Invite your family and friends to STEP UP for Scientists in School: https://raceroster.com/events/2020/27138/scotiabank-toronto-waterfront-marathon-virtual-race-2020?aff=ZH4MG
Whenever participants use our registration link above, Scotiabank makes a $5 donation to Scientists in School!
Participants will receive:
1. A New Balance souvenir shirt
2. Unique finishers medal
3. Virtual bib and finishers certificate
4. Opportunities through Scotiabank to be a part of an active online community (including a Facebook group, bi-weekly Facebook Live get-togethers, a new running podcast and Spotify playlists to motivate you on your training runs)
5. Discounts on products from the Running Room and Nuun
Our goal is to collectively walk/run/jog 200 km virtually as a group and raise $20,000 for our charity!
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Danielle Wharram at email@example.com.
Thank you for stepping up for young scientists in Canada! We couldn’t do this without you!